Painting in Guache by Cathy Lynch

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Spasmodic Torticollis Recovery Clinic

In January 2012, one of other members of the Toronto Dystonia Chapter mentioned a clinic in Santa Fe that dealt exclusively with Cervical Dystonia suffers.  Willing to try anything, my husband and I booked our flights and off we went.  The clinic is run by Abigail Brown who herself developed Dystonia at the age of 19.  Abbi spent 4 days with me and only me going through her intense and very knowledgeable program. She thoroughly explained what Cervical Dystonia was and how we can combat the symptoms through attitude, physical exercise, massage therapy, and use of a variety of tools.  Abbi supplied me with a manual to take home with me for future reference.  She went over Trigger Point work and supplied me with a Bodo to press on my specific knots; she taught me how to use weights to lengthen my neck muscles; gave me a list of suppliers for helpful gadgets such as magnets and massagers.  She had me meet with a Nutritionist and a Massage Therapist and provided me with a membership to ST/Dystonia, Inc.  I went to her clinic for 4 days, while my husband skied in Santa Fe and Taos.  It was a great vacation for both of us and I came back knowing far more about Dystonia and how to lessen its symptoms.  You can contact her through STRC http://www.STclinic.com or stclinic@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. Indeed , today I showed one of my children with mildly deviated head toward his left , however , the strenoclenomastoid mastoid seen unequally in both sides of his neck , there is no remarkable history a part of mild nukal pain 2 days ago .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Anti-botulinum effective and efficient treatment for the muscle spasm of any etiology please ?

    ReplyDelete