Painting in Guache by Cathy Lynch

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Dystonia Starts to Spread

By June 2010, the Dystonia started to spread.  It was no longer contained in just my neck but was also affecting my digestive system.  In fact it completely came to a halt.  Totally disgusting.  I went to two different gastroenterologists for their advise and assistance.  I had to undergo another colonoscopy.  This was my fifth.  I had the hiccups severely as well and still do on occasion.  By severe, I mean we lost count at 125 in one day.  They become exhausting at that point.  I tried many forms of medications, laxatives and underwent colonic treatments weekly.  That became my Wednesday afternoon ritual.  As a treat, I would sit in an infra red sauna for 45 minutes after just to relax and detox.  It took about 9 months to get my guts in order again but I still have to take gunk on a daily basis to ensure they keep working.  Still when the Dystonia symptoms start to flare, I start hiccuping, loudly and violently.  I eat yeast free bread, lots of grains in my cereal for breakfast with hemp milk, no cheeses, peppers, onions, or garlic.  I have introduced tomatoes back into my diet, limited amounts of red meat, rice or corn pasta only, lactose free milk in my coffee, gluten free crackers and absolutely no processed or fast foods.  I try to eat only brown of anything (rice, eggs, etc.)  No flour, pastries or junk foods.  Nothing that comes from a box other than organic cereals.  Lots of fruit whether it be fresh or frozen, no preservatives.  I drink pure Cranberry Juice, water, Gatorade, coffee and indulge in red wine.  If I stick to this diet, I have no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment