Painting in Guache by Cathy Lynch

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Its a New Year 2012

I was determined to get myself on a new path for recovery after returning from Santa Fe and Abigail's clinic.  The first week back I went to the gym, ballet and then got sick, really sick.  I was hot, cold, nauseous and very itchy.  Finally I discovered a few spots under my right arm.  Too late.  I should have gone to the doctor immediately.  I had come down with the shingles.  A few days later came the pain.  Ugh!  On top of Dystonia, getting caught up at school from my week off, and now the Shingles.  What else.  As usual I persevered but my Dystonia symptoms were worse because of it.  The Naturopath gave me some injections to help with the pain.  The botoxt shots I had in January wore off much earlier and everything became even more difficult to accomplish than normal. School finished for the summer on April 10 and on Friday, April 13, I had my next set of Botox injections.  I didn't even give Biopuncture a second thought.  The Botox involves one session and the results start to take effect after one week.  The Shingles are finally gone and I am off to a new start again. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi There, I just found your site when I googles dystonia and shingles. As I developed shingles this past few days and wanted to see if others suffer from this more than those without dystonia. I also saw that you have attended the ST clinic in Santa Fe. I wondered if you would tell me how it improved your life and condition. Thankyou so much.

    ReplyDelete